Monday, August 11, 2008

Teaching Monkeys...


So, I'm really tired and just finished teaching my summer school class for the day. Sister went with me and thinks I should quit. It's like trying to teach monkeys how to wipe their own ass....and it just ain't happenin' and it's driving me mad. All I want to do is neuter/spay all of these sweet little Japanese ladies so they can quit breeding these little monsters. Okay, okay, they aren't all bad...there are a couple that I actually like and enjoy teaching. But, the others act like animals, and I want to choke them.




I believe the way a child acts in public is a direct reflection of the parents. Therefore, if a little one can't behave, it's usually the parents fault. But, I have to deal with these kids, and all I want to do is smack the parents for letting their kids misbehave. And, in most cases, the parents are near or in the classroom.




In Japan, the young mothers have a different way of handling their kids than Americans. They don't discipline them. They just ignore the kids and hope the behavior stops. Since I have been here, I have seen a 3 year old boy choke his mother, a 4 year old girl spit at her mother, and a 5 year old boy slap his mother in the face. In every one of these cases, the mothers did nothing. And, it took every ounce of me to not react to these situations. I wanted to smack the kid, and then ask the mom what the hell she was doing by letting her kid abuse her in such a way in PUBLIC, of all places. So, I have a hard time dealing with ill behaved children, especially when the parents do nothing...




So, sorry for the bitching again, but I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening. (Hee-hee)


Just another day in Weenie's World!

No comments: