Saturday, August 16, 2008

Slacker no more!


So, yesterday morning I got my fat butt up to run. I laced up my running shoes and headed out the door. Husband was running with his work buddies, and I thought I would join. Since Sister is still here visiting, we asked her to stay with Jude.


I knew it was going to be a bad run, because I was huffing and puffing while running to meet up with the other people. It was really hot and humid. I ran about 3 miles, but I had to walk a few times. I ended up finishing with the fat girls. It was embarrassing. And, to top it all off, I was wearing an old half marathon shirt I had earned after running a particular half marathon a few years ago. Here I was dressed like a real runner, wearing a shirt that proved I was distance runner, yet I could barely do 3 miles without puking. I finished hot, tired, sweaty and stinky. I was beat to hell. I guess all of my inactivity has caught up with me. It sucked! But, on a good note, at least I was out there.


So, now I am determined to run with those people again...but to run like a real long distance runner. I don't want to finish with the fat girls again! So, let the real running begin...

No comments: