Friday, August 8, 2008

So tired...must stay awake...

I am one tired Mexican/American beaner. I have been working all week teaching summer school to preschool aged Japanese children, and it is wearing me out. I'm not used to working every day, and I forgot how much it sucked! I don't really care for it much. I don't know how you people do it out there. Going to the same place everyday, staying there working for hours on end. It sucks!

I mean, I love my job, but I'm feeling a little blah about it right now. I guess the problem is I'm feeling under appreciated by my employer. They are raking in the dough because of me. For some reason, small Japanese children love me and so do their parents. Maybe it's my playful nature or petite size that makes me nonthreatening. Whatever it is, it seems to be drawing in new students...which means more classes...which means more work. I really put my heart into my lesson plans and teaching and it shows, I think. But, at the same time, I don't HAVE to work. I work to give me something to do while Jude is in school. But, my energy needed to raise my energetic 3 year old boy is being sucked out and given to Japanese kids. I don't think that's fair to my son. He deserves a mommy at 100%. Not one who is too tired to chase him around or finger paint with him. The money is good, but not great. I want to ask for a raise, but because of the differences in culture, I don't think I would get one. I think if I was paid more, I wouldn't feel so blah right now. I guess in a way, I feel my employer is taking advantage of me and my kindness, willingness to help, and playful manner. I guess it's my own fault. I should have put my foot down earlier. Whatever!


None of this changes the fact that I'm tired! And, I have so much to do today:

Summer School Preschool Class 8:45-11:00

Adult Lesson 11:00-Noon

Preschool Class 2:45-4:45

Running Club Meeting 6:00-7:00 PM

Friends Going Away Party at Karaoke Club 10:00 PM-1:00 AM

I really want to go to the Karaoke Club tonight. We even got Running Babe to watch Jude for us. But, I'm just so damn tired. And, I have to teach tomorrow from 9 AM-1 PM. And, I need to get a run in (I'm training for the Tokyo Marathon). And, Sister will be here tomorrow at 1 PM. And, I need to clean up a bit, too. There just isn't enough time in the day to fit in a nap. And, Jude doesn't want to go to school today. His teacher is on holiday, and I don't think he likes his class without her. So, I will be taking him with me to my class.

By the way, as I am writing this, Husband just mooned me. There's nothing like a bare ass moon at 7:55 AM, right?! Gotta love it.

Sorry for that, but that's just how things roll around here.

Back to my bitching...oh yes...I'm one tired midget Mexican momma living in Japan....

No comments: