Thursday, August 14, 2008

Rediscovering the Love...


So, yesterday I taught my Ome adult class. Actually, Sister talked, and I just held up a map of the U.S. for her. I rediscovered why I love teaching. My students treat me with respect and listen to me. They enjoy my lesson and appreciate the work I put into it. They make me want to continue teaching. Seeing their 70 year old faces light up when I tell a silly story makes me happy. It makes me happy to know they enjoy seeing me and my hearing lessons. They told me yesterday that I am their favorite teacher of all time. I was honored to hear that from them. It made my heart smile. I felt appreciated and wanted. I'm glad to have them as my students and now my friends.




Sometimes I loose my way and get aggravated with things. But, now I have found the love again...I have found the love in teaching someone something they will have with them for the rest of their lives. It's very rewarding. I guess I lost my way teaching at my other job. At job #1, I'm not respected. I'm just a worker, not a teacher or Sensei. And, as a result of that, I will be quitting soon. Job #1 stresses me out, does not compensate me for my extra time and effort, and they simply do not respect me. They have been taking advantage of me and my kind heart....but no more. I feel bad for leaving my students, though. I have developed a friendship and relationship with them. I like them and enjoy teaching them. But, I cannot continue to work in an environment that I don't enjoy or that doesn't make me happy. Life is too short for that. And, I don't HAVE to work. So, that is that.






Just another day in Weenie's World!


No comments: