Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Popping out those puppies!

So, every female I know, with the exception of a few...like those going through menopause...are having babies. And, they are all having girls. What's the deal?? You would think with the economy going to crap, people would reconsider. But, they ain't!! I'm excited for all my friends who are experiencing the birth of their first baby. There's nothing like it in the world! Your whole world will be turned upside down, but for the better. You may not realize it one month after the birth, but you'll realize it when your sweet little angel gazes into your eyes, and says..."I think there is poop on my finger." There is nothing like it in the world!

For those of you out there without kids, you might feel left out of the "Mommy Talk." But, if you have a pet, then you are a parent, too.

And, sooner or later, like it or not, we will all be responsible for our parents... in one way or another. I am thankful that my parents have planned their future so well. It seems like they were planning for their retirement even before I was born. Now, they can bask in their glory knowing that they have done everything necessary for a great retirement. I'm blessed to know that they will never be a financial burden on Husband and I. It is a great relief to know that they can sustain themselves as they get older.

So, to all of you new parents out there, welcome to the brave new world! A world filled with poop, pee, spit up, breast milk, sleepless nights and love. A love beyond anything you have ever known. And, if you don't recognize the one you gave birth to, just wait...they will grow into the person you have always known you would have. And, if they don't, rest assure, they will become someone better. Well, at least in my case, I know this to be true. Jude is the most awesome little boy. He says the craziest crap. We laugh our asses off daily. He's a smart little shit with the biggest heart. Just yesterday he told me again that I was the best mommy ever. My heart melted. Hearing that makes all those sleepless nights worth it. So, be patient new parents! There will be difficult times when you will want to choke your kid, but don't do it. Just wait it out and the bad will pass.

So, again, welcome to parenthood!! Hold on tight and close your eyes!!

No comments: