Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Seriously, you used Pledge????


Okay. So the other day Husband realized that Jude's step stool in the kitchen was dirty. For those of you who don't know us, I'm pocket sized- a mere 4 foot 10 inches tall with shoes on. We have step stools and small ladders throughout our apartment. Even though we live in Japan, I'm still short compared to most. I know-- it's hard to believe, but most Japanese people still tower over me. I'm usually only taller than the 150 year old grandma you see hunched over, walking with a cane, crossing the street. I digress...

So Husband took it upon himself to clean the dirty wooden step stool (yeah!!! Can you believe that a man actually cleaned something without being told to do it!!! Stay back ladies, this man is taken!!) Husband got out the lemon scented Pledge and began to spray the stool. I'm proud of Husband for this attempt at cleaning but perplexed beyond belief at the substance he chose to do the cleaning with. PLEDGE on a step stool???!!! Are you freakin' kidding me???? All I wanted to say was "Stop dumb ass!! You are making our precious child's step stool more slippery than a Slip 'N Slide covered in KY Jelly!! What in the Hell are you thinking???" But instead of saying anything, I just stood there and watched in amazement. After about 10 minutes, I asked him why he chose Pledge to clean with and he responded, "well, it's wood isn't it- and don't you use Pledge to clean wood?" I laughed hysterically. The man's mind is so simple- isn't it ladies?! I mentioned that water on a paper towel probably would have done the same job and wouldn't be so damn dangerous. Then, he wet a paper towel and attempted to wipe away the Pledge- it didn't work.

Now, when Jude gets on the step stool and jumps off, he doesn't exactly jump off-- he kind of slips and slides off. I'm waiting for the moment when I have to use the step stool and I bust my ass. I'm almost tempted to make Jude and myself wear a helmet when we stand on the damn thing for fear of brain damage when we bust our asses on the linoleum kitchen floor.

Just another day in Weenie's World!

No comments: