Thursday, May 15, 2008

Streaks!!

As mentioned before, when we moved to Japan in November, Jude was still pooping in his pants. He had just turned 3 when we moved here, and I was told to wait until we get settled before attempting to potty train. So, we waited a few months and began the process of "training." He resisted with gusto!! I knew he had control but the kid just refused to use the pot. I was able to get him "trained" when Husband was away for work for 2 weeks. It cost me and YaYa hundreds of dollars in Thomas Trains to succeed in this nasty process (we used the trains as bribery to get the kid to poop in the potty). When it was all said and done, I was so proud of him! But then I realized that now his new Thomas the Tank Engine undies were full of little brown streaks. Before when he was crapping in diapers, I would use wipes and he would be clean as a whistle. Now, the toilet paper just kinda smears it (as PoPo says). And, it never really seems to wipe away all the cling-ons. So now instead of dealing with nasty, poopy diapers, I'm having to pre-treat Jude's streaked undies.

(I have found that Kandoo wipes help with the streaks, but you have to remember to take them everywhere you go because you never know when the kid is gonna have to crap!)



Just another day in Weenie's World!

No comments: