Monday, May 26, 2008

Blog Anger

So, today I was standing in the kitchen getting some ice out of the freezer. We have a Japanese ice tray I bought from the 100 Yen shop. A 100 Yen store is just like a dollar store in the states except mo betta!! You can buy things there that you didn't even know you needed. I love it! So, the ice tray is super awesome. It is a regular ice tray with a container underneath it to house already may ice cubes. How awesome is that!!! And, it was only about a buck!

I went to get the ice tray and container out of the freezer and realized that the already made ice cubes in the bottom were all melted together. This sucks, I thought. Husband said that the ice must have melted the other day when SOMEONE forgot to put it back. So, there I am in the kitchen with a huge blob of ice that needs to go into Jude's Thermos for school. I was going to run the blob under cold water in hopes of separating the cubes, but Husband said "Stop, let me do it."

Oh crap, here he goes again, I thought. So, he reached over and got a butter knife and began to hit the ice blob with the handle. I was standing near by. He gave it a few whacks and the ice cubes started to separate. I was curious so I got closer to look. As I did, I swear he whacked the ice with more gusto than before. A huge chunk of ice flew up in the air and whacked me in my eye. Even though I was wearing my glasses, the ice managed to fly over them and right into my eye. DAMN IT! That was the 376th attempt on my life, I tell him. His response was..."Go put that in your blog!" Testy, testy I thought!

(By the way, Husband really hasn't attempted to kill me 376 times--I'm a bit dramatic ya know. Every time he does something silly like run a red light or cook something gross, I call that an attempt on my life because his actions could possibly result in my death. So, that's why we are up to 376.)

Just another day in Weenie's World!

No comments: