Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Worried wart!


Sorry I haven't been blogging as much as usual. I've been busy watching news coverage on the computer. I want to hear more about Houston and the hurricane, but CNN only wants to talk about the election and the horrible economy. So, I've resorted to watching TV on the computer. All I have to say is...thank God for modern technology and streaming video! I feel better when I can log onto the local Houston news websites and watch local news coverage. But, I must admit...I've been quite the worry wart! I'm concerned about all my friends and family members. I know everyone is okay, but I'm worried how they are managing without water and electricity. Some of my friends and family members probably weren't prepared to be without electricity for so long.

2 comments:

Rice Spice said...

I know what you mean! I've been glued to the computer watching streaming video of the local news from Tampa. It becomes like crack. You see the same thing over and over, but you can't stop watching it.

My office has told me that even though they are opening today for me to stay in Tampa for the rest of the week. They don't see any point in me coming into a city where resources are limited and I still don't have power where I'm staying. I might fly in tomorrow - I think I can handle one night of no electricity and then come back to Tampa on Friday after work.

I've heard from every one in Houston even though cell service is spotty, but they are managing. FEMA trucks are going through neighborhoods dropping off ice and water (and I think food). When my sister told me that, I rememebered after the tornado that hit CV, they did the same thing through our neighborhood. Remember that? So surreal that this is happening to our hometown. BUT...Houstonians are strong and will pull through this!

Anonymous said...

Yep, that's right...Houstonians are one of a kind. We can make it through anything...tornado, deep freeze, hurricane...you name it, and we've dealt with it. But, we are a different breed of folk! We are stronger and more resourceful than most. So, I know soon enough, my wonderful hometown will be up and moving.

Good to hear from you Rice Spice! I'm glad to hear your peeps are all okay. Tell them I said hello!

~Weenie