Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ike's heading to Texas!

Okay, this is the new updated projected path for Ike. So, it looks like even you folks in North Texas might even have to deal with Ike. But, who know?! These things have a mind of their own! So, I really think this one should be watched! If I were you, I would start planning. Fill up your car with gas in case you have to head for the hills, literally! And, get enough food, water, medications, and diapers to sustain yourself and your family for about a week. Remember, be prepared! And, for those of you with pets, there are tons of Hotels/Motels that will take you and your furry friends.

Here is a website that lists all of those hotels: http://www.petswelcome.com/

Now, there is no need to leave your pets behind, and there is no reason to stay considering there are so many places to stay that will take you and your pets.

YaYa and PoPo are getting prepared. They have Spam, butt wipes, bottled water, life jackets, a boat and dog food. PoPo said they could live off those items for about 2 weeks. And, if worse comes to worse, PoPo said he has 6 dogs he can eat: Girl, Teddy Bear, Luna, Felix aka Pilah, Isis and Suzy. If the shit hits the fan, PoPo said he would Duck Tape YaYa to the second floor with a life jacket and hold on for dear life. And, he has Jude's old life jacket, too. So, he can choose one dog to save. They'll draw straws to see which dog is the lucky one. Okay, okay, I'm just kidding...PoPo would never eat his own dogs...but he would eat Sisters! So, watch out Isis and Suzy! Your days are numbered!

So, get prepared Texans! Ike is heading right for you!

3 comments:

Rice Spice said...

All the forecasts predict that Ike would hit southest of us...which, to me, pretty much means DIRECTLY at us. Almost every storm lately has shifted to the right/east at the last minute, so H-town is pretty much effed if history repeats itself. Either way, if it hits southeast of us, we'll still be on the dirty side of the storm with all the wind, rain, and flooding...yipee! Thank goodness I'm flying to Tampa Friday... although I hope I beat the beginning of the storm so I don't have delays or cancellations!

Rice Spice said...

I actually meant that if the storm hits *southWEST* of us we will be on the dirty side of it. Regardless... I just saw the latest update that Ike is now heading straight for Rockport/Port O'Connor area. EEKS! Isn't Rockport where YaYa and PoPo live?!?! Tell them to get the hell outta Dodge! I would offer to house them, but I'm currently "squatting" with a friend since I'm moving to Tampa at the end of the month. By tomorrow it will probably be a direct hit on Houston though...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the humor! LMAO.

~Tiger