Thursday, September 11, 2008

This is the real deal!

Okay, Ike is the real deal! It will hit somewhere on the coast of Texas. So, I hope y'all are ready! I've been trying to call my peeps in Texas, but I'm having a hard time getting through. I did manage to talk to YaYa this morning. They are under a mandatory evacuation. They live in Aransas County--that is where Ike is expected to make land fall. They have gotten several phone calls about the mandatory evacuation, but they are waiting. They are waiting until tomorrow or until the police make them leave. They plan to go to San Antonio. YaYa says traffic is already bad because everyone is trying to get the Hell out of Doge. So, they will take the back country roads to get to San Antonio. PoPo is determined to stay because their retirement home was built just a few years ago, and it was built to withstand a Category 3 hurricane. And, right now Ike is only a Cat. 2, I think. So, PoPo wants to stay and hold down the fort. YaYa said she's leaving tomorrow...with or without PoPo. But, I'm sure once the police come by to force them out, PoPo will leave...I hope! He is a very stubborn pepper belly! But, YaYa is packed and ready to go. At least one of them has some sense!

As for the rest of my peeps, I can't get a hold of anyone else. The circuits are busy. It's crazy! It kinda reminds me of 9/11 when all the phone lines got jammed.

So, I hope everyone in Texas is ready! Now is the time to act and behave like real Texans! Check on your neighbors and help each other out!

And, remember most of all....stuff can be replaced...lives can't be. So, be safe and take care of each other!

One thing Husband and I realized during our move to Japan was that you don't really need stuff. When we moved here, all of our stuff was boxed up and shipped out one month before our move. We lived out of suitcases and air mattresses for 1 month. And, then we were homeless for another month, bouncing around from Husband's parent's house to my parent's house to BJ's house. Then, when we got here, we lived in a hotel for a month. During that time, we realized that we don't need much to live. As long as we had each other, we were content. So, remember that! Stuff doesn't matter! Just be safe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that Weenie. It is true. We can replace stuff, we can replace eachother...XXOO

~Tiger