Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Still no power in Houston...

So, I found this picture on the Internet, and it made me laugh. I just had to share.

So, Lola and Lito (Husband's parents) are still without power. But, luckily my red-neck sister-in-law had a generator that Lola and Lito could barrow. My Red-neck sister-in-law lives near College Station and has power. So, she was kind enough to loan it to her parents. But, there's still no electricity to run the gas pumps to get the gas that is necessary to run the generator. So, they had to get that from a friend who lives in Cypress, north of Houston. But, other than that my in-laws seemed high spirited, considering the situation down there in Houston.

I've tried to call all my other Houston peeps, but I haven't had any luck. Most of my peeps don't have land lines--they only have cell phones. So, with the power out, there is no place to recharge their phones. And, I think that's why I can't get a hold of them.

I'm starting to get worried. So, if you live in Houston, shoot me a quick e-mail or respond to this blog entry so I know you are okay.

Thanks!

No comments: