Thursday, September 18, 2008

Houstonians getting help

So, yesterday I was watching the news on the Internet. I saw several stories about Houstonians helping one another.

It made my heart smile to see fellow Houstonians helping one another in a time of crisis. I saw a fraternity from TSU passing out food and water to people in need. I saw volunteers making food for the Red Cross. I saw neighbors helping each other to clear debris. I saw people with little resources coming together to help others. I saw H.E.B Grocery stores opening to help feed the local community. I saw Starbucks opening to offer coffee and air conditioning to Houstonians without power. I saw kindness beyond belief. It made me proud to be a fellow Houstonian. I knew we were better than the rest, and these acts of kindness only prove it!


Texas has been devastated by Ike, but somehow the people of the great state have managed to come together to help each other. The world has seen the kindness of Texans in Houston, Galveston, Austin, San Antonio and Dallas. We watched the Japanese news the other night and heard about the kindness of Texans. We have seen volunteers at various convention centers in Texas trying to help the displaced families from the Houston/Galveston area. We have seen Texans doing their best to help out in any way. I am proud to be a Texan, but now even more!


I am truly saddened by the devastation my beloved city has endured in the past week. But, I am proud beyond belief to see people coming together to help each other in a time of need.

Thanks Texans! Thanks for making me proud!

Remember, I am Texan first...then American!

No comments: