Thursday, September 18, 2008

Forgive me!

Okay, okay! Please accept my apology for some of my poorly edited blog entries. When I go back and read some of them, I am embarrassed to find grammatical errors or deleted words. I am embarrassed that I failed to edit them properly. So, please forgive me! This is unacceptable for an ENGLISH TEACHER. Oh gosh, I'm now embarrassed to admit that I teach English. Oh damn!

However, in my defense....ummm.....well....okay......I.....well...sometimes when I write, I have a 3 year old wiggly boy sitting in my lap. Or, I'm trying to multitask...like cook dinner and write at the same time while trying to listen to Jude tell me a story about boogers. So, sometimes I'm distracted. And, other times I'm trying to write quickly because I've got a million other things I need to do...like grocery shopping, going to the posts office, picking up Jude, meeting friends for lunch, working out, going to school functions, preparing my lesson plan to teach...well, you get the picture. I'm pretty busy for a half ass stay-at-home mom. So, all I can do is ask that you please forgive me and my sloppy work. I usually run spell check and try to edit quickly. But, as you can see, sometimes things get by.

And, since we've been in Japan, I think my English speaking and writing skills have gone down the tubes! It's like I'm a retard now! I have to speak very slowly and use small words when I teach so some of my beginner students can understand. As a result, I'm loosing vocabulary. And, I'm getting older and my brain sometimes simply stops functioning. So, again...please accept my apology for the crap writing. But, this is MY useless blog. And, I should be able to do what I want, right??? But, I guess poor editing and poor grammar is unacceptable, at least for me...considering I have a freaking useless degree in ENGLISH!! And, I must admit...I do cringe when I stumble across other blogs or websites that have crap writing. All I want to do is take out a red pen and edit the crap out. I know I shouldn't be that way especially since I'm not perfect, but I can't help that I'm anal retentive and obsessive compulsive. I just wish I was that way about my own writing!


And, I must admit that all this damn texting crap is really starting to piss me off, too! I can't stand it when I e-mail someone, and they reply back with a bunch of capital letters that I don't understand. What happened to using real words and sentences?? I find it an insult that someone can't spend the time to send me an e-mail message or text message using real, whole words. Am I not worth real words??? Come on now! And, I'm older now....I deserve the respect of real worlds! So, if you text me or e-mail me using half-ass made up words with capital letters that I don't understand, please know that I am cursing you under my breath. Okay, that's a lie....I'm cursing you, and I'm doing it very loudly!

No comments: