Friday, September 12, 2008

Houston, we have a problem!

Okay, this is the latest and greatest projected path of Ike, courtesy of the Weather Channel. So, all my peeps in Galveston/Houston/Pearland/Pasadena/League City/La Porte/Channelview/Baytown/Clear Lake, you better get ready! I know most of you are not leaving, and I hope you are prepared to take on this beast.

Do you remember Tropical Storm Allison in 2001?? She was a non-event, and she flooded the whole freakin' inner loop of Houston. So, be prepared!!

My parents, who live in Rockport, Texas, have decided to stay. I think they lifted the mandatory evacuation down there. However, most of the city is already boarded up and gone. YaYa and PoPo tried to go to McDonald's today for ice cream, but it was boarded up and closed. YaYa said the city looked like a ghost town. But, they are prepared. PoPo has a shit load of Duck Tape, so if worse comes to worse, he can hold his house together with Duck Tape.

But, I'm more worried about the rest of you in the Houston/Galveston area. I hope you are as prepared as PoPo. Hurricanes are not meant to be played with. Take the warnings seriously! Remember, we are Texans...we are better than the rest....so, act like it please!!

We'll be watching the news (on the Internet), and praying for all of you!

Good luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duck tape or duct tape?!
-BJ

Anonymous said...

You know what I mean!! You speak my language!! But, isn't there a picture of a Duck on the duct tape?? Can you check for me???

Thanks,
Weenie