Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hurricane VS. Earthquake

Okay, so I'm from Texas, near the coast. And, all my peeps are in Texas, most are near the coast, as well. But, now I live in Tokyo, Japan. I've been debating which is worse... a hurricane or an earthquake. Given that fact that earthquakes can't really be predicted, I think an earthquake is much worse. With a hurricane, you can watch it, and see if it's coming your way, sorda. With an earthquake, you wake up to one, or it happens while you are in the shower, or it happens when you're sitting at your desk or on the toilet. All I know is that with a hurricane you can prepare. You get time to get the Hell out of Dodge. With an earthquake, you might get a minute or two warning, if you are lucky. But, how much preparation can you do in a few minutes??!! So, I think the earthquake wins.

Your thoughts??

Just another day in Weenie's World!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your absolutely right about the earthquake winning. But sometimes a storm likes to pick up the pace while we are sleeping...if we even try to get any sleep, and sometimes people for go the warnings and don't get the "Hell Out of Dodge", when it comes to hurricanes. In short, I believe I'm one of the folks that will get the "Hell Out of Dodge" when it comes to a storm and well I love Cali, but don't know if I could move there.

~Tiger