Monday, September 8, 2008

Momma got a haircut!

So, today I got a haircut. My hair has been really unmanageable with all the humidity here in Japan. The weather is like Houston, Texas, but with more humidity and less heat. So, my hair has been crazy lately. So, today I went to the salon and asked the Japanese hairstylist to make my hair look cute. She told me in broken English that I have a big strong chin and nose. She said that she would cut my hair to "make you face look more better." Those were her exact words. So, when it was all said and done, the cut is very similar to Posh Spice's, so SHE said. (She had an American Magazine with Posh's picture in it.) It's a bob with a bit of layering in the back. She didn't shave my neck, but she did use the scissors with the teeth. I didn't want my hair as dramatic or as short as Posh's. So this is the result....(look below)

(Here are some goofy pictures I took of myself so you could see my new do. I'm such a dork!)
(Sorry you can't see the back of my hair, but I don't have spaghetti arms. And, there is no one here right now to take a picture of the back of my head. Sorry!)

These are the pictures she used as she cut my hair. I told her not too short in the back.




Overall, I think she did a good job. And, I feel much cooler now. My hair no longer sticks to my neck when I sweat. YEA!!
Husband hasn't seen it yet, he's still at work. And, Jude is still at school. So, I haven't gotten their opinions yet. I hope they like it, and if they don't, they will let me know.
So, what do you think of the cut? Just curious!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks cute!
Love you, Ya-Ya

Rice Spice said...

I think it looks great! Very stylish.

Oh..btw, word verification sucked ass! I put the correct gibberish down four times and it still basically stuck it's tongue out at me and said I was a loser!