Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The dawn of a new day...

So, this morning I woke up at 4:45 AM and put on my running shoes. I stepped outside and felt the cool morning breeze welcome me back to the running world. The Lord blessed me with the most beautiful morning today. It was a perfect "Welcome Back."

I ran for about 40 minutes this morning on the track with some people from the local running club. It was a glorious morning. I could see the mountains and Mt. Fuji off in the distance. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. It was a cool crisp fall morning. I felt great! I guess since I've been working out with Cindy Crawford for the past week, (doing her video The Next Challenge) I've gotten my mind and body to think about running again. So, I went out there and ran. I ran well considering I haven't been running much. Since it was a cool 64 degrees Fahrenheit, it felt great to run. It was like God planned the most perfect morning for me so that I would remember why I started running in the first place.....to witness the most beautiful and extraordinary sunrises. There is something surreal about waking up at the butt crack of dawn and running your ass off. You are awake before the rest of the world, and you see and hear things most people miss out on. You get more accomplished than most. While the world is sleeping, you get a good workout, you see the sunrise, you hear baby birds chirping, and you hear the sound of your breath. There is something very awe inspiring about all of that. For me, it's the most perfect time of day. And, I'm so glad I got to enjoy it this morning.

I was tired after my run, but not winded. I didn't feel bad at all. I never felt like I was going to die or like I was going to have a heart attack! I enjoyed feeling the cool morning breeze on my hot sweaty face. It felt great! And, that feeling is addictive!

So, watch out world...Weenie found her running legs...again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've been doing Cindy without me? Go de udder way!
-BJ

Anonymous said...

Yep, I've been doing Cindy Crawford, I mean her video. It's not the same when I do it without you. I have no one to laugh with when she says "Now, practice keeping yourself tall!"

Miss you!
~Weenie