Friday, July 4, 2008

Yummy!

Call me the Brown Martha Stewart! I made strawberry cupcakes with strawberry icing and sprinkles for my Wednesday adult class. We were celebrating 2 students' birthdays. Since most Japanese don't have ovens, that's right...I said DON'T, baked goods are a very special treat. Japanese people typically don't have ranges and ovens like Americans. They usually only have 2 small burners and that's it. So, my students were thrilled to see and eat my cupcakes. I told them they were home made, and they were...I made them at home from a box. Hee-hee.





(We were lucky to get an apartment with Western style amenities. So, we have an oven, a dishwasher, washer and dryer. Most Japanese people don't have dryers, either.)


Just another day in Weenie's World!

No comments: