Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Driving Miss Daisy...

So, today I was driving home from Ome, as I do every Wednesday afternoon, and I felt someone staring at me. I looked over to the car next to me, and there were 2 sumo sized Japanese men looking at me....actually they were staring at me like I was an alien from another planet. They motioned for me to roll down my window and I did. They asked me in Japanese what country I was from. I yelled, "America!" They smiled and waved goodbye. They stayed next to me for about 6 lights, just staring at me. I felt like a bug being looked at under a microscope. Then, they laughed once more, waved again, sped up, and left me in the dust.

I guess since I'm brown skinned with brown eyes and brown hair, Japanese people don't know what to make of me. They typically seem confused by my appearance. I don't look like a typical white, blond haired, chunky American woman....instead I'm a pint-sized, big nosed, big mouthed, brown Hispandex from Tejas! Yee-haw!!

Just another day in Weenie's World!

No comments: