Thursday, July 24, 2008

I missed one again!

So, last night, around midnight, we had another earthquake...6.8 to be exact. It occurred somewhere off Honshu Island, I think. But, I didn't feel a thing! I've been feeling like crap for the last few days, so I took a Zyrtec last night before bed. I've got a killer sore throat and mucus running down the back of my throat...YUMMY! So, I took some medicine before bed and was conked out when the quake happened. When I take Zyrtec, it totally knocks me out. So, I slept right through my second earthquake.



When I woke up, Husband said, "Did you feel that one last night?"

"Feel what?" I asked in a confused state.

"The earthquake! It happened right after midnight," he said.

"Nope, I didn't feel a thing. I was in a drug induced coma and didn't feel a thing," I told him.

"Well, Jude's closet door was rockin' and rollin' and that's what woke me up," he said.

"Hmmm. Nope, I didn't hear or feel a thing," I told him.

"Sorry," he said.



DAMN IT!! Husband has felt 2 earthquakes now, and I've felt ZERO! I'm usually the more observant one!! How is this possible?! Damn him!



This is what CNN Asia said about it:
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/07/23/japan.quake/index.html





Just another day in Weenie's World!

***Sorry, but my original post said "soar throat." You know that I meant to say "sore throat." Look, I never claimed to be a genius or even a good speller for that matter. (Thanks Big D for pointing out my inadequacies!)

No comments: