Friday, October 24, 2008

Why do I open my mouth???!!!



So, when Husband returned from his business trip last week, he gave me a beautiful necklace with a Jade pendant similar to the one shown here. There is a congi character or writing on it that says happiness or good health or some crap.

Anywho, it's really pretty so I wore it the other day. I even wore a low cut shirt to showcase my pretty new necklace my sweet husband bought for me while he was away. So, when I was at the grocery store, I saw a casual American friend of mine. (By casual, I mean we see each other everywhere and always say 'hi' and that's all.) I don't know here well, but we always greet each other and all that jazz. So, this was our conversation:

I said, "Hi, how are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks," she replied.

"Boy, I wish this would rain would stop," I casually mentioned to her.

"I know what you mean," she replied nicely.

"I thought the rainy season was over," I said with a fake laugh as I pulled my hair back to get it off my sweaty neck.

"Ooh, I like your necklace...that's really pretty!" she said.

"Oh, thanks...my husband bought it for me on a recent business trip," I replied.

"Can you read it....what does it say?" she asked in a sweet, harmless voice.

"Sex Goddess!" I replied.

Her eyes got as big as billiard balls when she heard my response. She was obviously shocked by my answer. I saw her eyes bulge and then she blinked compulsively for about 3 seconds. I could tell she was not in a comfortable place. So, I just smiled and walked off. As I walked away, I grimaced and said to myself 'why on earth would you say that?' Jeez, I can't go anywhere without saying something absurd! Lord help those around me!

Just another day in Weenie's World!

No comments: