Thursday, October 2, 2008

Business Trip

Today Husband left for a business trip. He'll be gone for about 2 weeks. Husband has gone on many business trips before. But as Jude gets older, Jude seems to get sadder when his daddy is gone. This morning he was really sad. Husband walked us out to the front of our apartment building. Husband stayed and waited for a taxi to pick him up. Jude and I continued on walking to our car, so I could take him to the bus stop for school. As we walked away, Jude took a few steps, and then he would turn around and look at his dad waiting for the taxi. He walked backwards staring at his dad and then turned around and took a few more steps. Finally, he just stopped walking. I could see tears in his eyes. He said his legs stopped working, and he just couldn't walk anymore. He was sad to see his daddy leave. I told him we would talk to Daddy on the phone when he got home from school. He seemed comforted by that and walked to the car. When we got the bus stop, he ran to the bus. But, then he refused to get on. He just stood there staring at the ground with tears in his eyes. Finally, I convinced him to get on the bus. He did as he was told. When the bus pulled away, he blew me kisses through the window. He seemed happier.


As you know, Husband is a medical equipment repair technician. He fixes every thing from x-ray machines to ear thermometers to operating room sterilizers. He can basically fix anything you put in front of him. He's pretty handy to have around. But, often times his work requires him to travel or to be gone for long stretches of time. We are lucky, though. Lots of other people at his work are gone much more than him. But, when I married him, I knew that he would have to travel for work often. I'm okay with it. I can handle every thing on my own. I'm quite independent, and I don't rely on him for much. I'm glad for that. But, I, too, will miss him while he's away. Mostly, I'll miss his laughter and his happy smile. But, we've got lots to do while he's away. We've got Halloween parties, birthday parties, dinners, and play dates to attend. So, the time should pass quickly.

So, all you wives out there, kiss your husbands. Be thankful that yours will be coming home tonight!

****If you want to leave a comment about this blog entry, please feel free to do so. However, please do not mention where or who my husband works for. I would like to keep that information private. Thanks!

No comments: