Monday, October 20, 2008

I am the brown Betty Crocker!


So, Jude has his birthday party at school tomorrow. I've been busy making and decorating cupcakes for the event. I have also stuffed 19 goodie bags filled with candy, pencils, rubber bats and miniature plastic jack-o-lanterns. (We are doing a Halloween theme for his birthday this year.) I also included a little note card that says "Thank you for celebrating my 4th birthday with me!"
In Japan, it is custom that you give your friends presents on your birthday. Well, actually, you give your friends presents for helping you celebrate your birthday. I know, it kinda doesn't make any sense. But, it's like giving away goodie bags as party favors. So, I've been busy as bee...preparing the cupcakes and goodie bags. I'll take tons of pictures tomorrow and post them so you can see.
Well, I've got to get back to decorating cupcakes!

No comments: