Friday, October 31, 2008

The smell of death...

So, our beloved Mr. Jack-o-Lantern has been sitting on our table for 3 days now. But, this morning when I woke up, I smelled something putrid in our apartment. It took me a while to figure out what was causing the funky smell. I walked around our place sniffing the air the way a dog does when it's dinner time. I smelled the trash can, and it didn't smell great...but it certainly wasn't the cause of the foul smell. Then, when I sat down to eat breakfast, I realized what it was a decaying, mold filled Mr. Jack-o-Lantern. Yucky!

(This is the inside of Mr. Jack-o-lantern. He's growing mold! Yuck!)
(The top of Mr. Jack-o-Lantern was stuck shut by this long, hairy fungus mold stuff. Boy, that can't be good for my asthma!!)

(You can tell that Mr. Jack-0-Lantern has seen better days! You can see the hairy mold/fungus in his right triangle eye. Nasty!)
I guess with the heat and humidity here in Japan, Mr. Jack-o-Lantern didn't stand a chance. Needless to say, Mr. Jack-o-Lantern has been disposed of properly and will no longer be a bio-hazard!

Just another day in Weenie's World!

No comments: