Thursday, October 2, 2008

Another reason why I love Japan...

In Japan, when a worker arrives at work, he or she will bow before entering the place of business. Whether it be at the mall, a gas station or a high rise building filled with offices, all workers do it. I've seen it and have been amazed by it. The worker will walk up to the front door, pause, and then bow deeply as a sign of respect. They respect their work place and show it each time they enter.

Another thing that I love about Japan is the way people clean up. Around lunch time, you can see Japanese businessmen walking around with giant tongs and a plastic bag. They go around picking up trash in the streets after lunch. They clean up their own neighborhood. They don't get paid to do it, either. It is simply expected that you take a few minutes out of your day to clean up your area or neighborhood. I love it! I think it's great. I wish everyone in America would do that! Just think how clean our country would be!

No comments: