Sunday, November 2, 2008

Update!

Okay. Yesterday was Jude's birthday party at the pool. It was a success, and all the kiddos we invited had a blast. So, yesterday we were busy with the party.



And, I ran 7 miles yesterday morning. The weather was glorious. It was a cool 50 degrees with about 20 mph winds. It was cool and brisk without a cloud in the sky. Mt. Fuji greeted us on our run. It was a pleasant sight to see the sleeping giant off in the horizon.



And now we are busy packing for our trip. I think I forgot to mention this in earlier postings. We are going to downtown Tokyo to stay for 5 days. Even though we technically live in Tokyo, we live in the suburbs. And, it's about an hour train ride into Downtown Tokyo. So, we thought we would stay in a hotel in the middle of the city, and then visit all the sights we still haven't seen. So, we plan to go to Tokyo Tower, Shibuya to see Hachiko (a statue of a dog....I'll explain later!), the Science Museum (to see fossils and dinosaurs...I took Rocks for Jocks (Geology) in undergrad, and I love fossils- so does Jude), Tokyo Metropolitan Children's Hall, Ueno Park and Ueno Zoo, and the Imperial Palace and East Garden. We plan to do as much as we can in 5 days.



I plan on taking my computer, but I can't guarantee I'll have time to post or to download pictures. I'll try, but don't hold me to it!



I'm sure during the next 5 days we will have many misadventures! They seem to follow me everywhere. So, I'll fill you in...

No comments: