Friday, November 7, 2008

Ameyoko...

Near Ueno Park is a street called Ameyoko. It is crowded with vendors selling everything from fresh fish to dried fruit to fur coats. It is quite an eclectic group of people selling all kinds of crap. We went on Monday and it was crowded! Here are a few pictures to enjoy...

(Here is a Japanese man selling sushi grade fish. He was yelling things at us...I think he was telling us his fish is fresh and delicious, but since I'm a pepper belly, I couldn't understand a word he said. I really need to work on my Japanese!)
(Look at all the people!! I just held up the camera and snapped this shot. Even amongst Japanese people, I'm still pocket sized!)




(This was the only safe way for Jude to get around in the crowded street. We were afraid we would loose him in all the people. So, Husband played pack mule and carried my baby.)



(Here is the entrance to the street/market. You can see it as you cross the street from the train station.)
This famous street is found right outside JR Ueno Station. It's a short walk from Ueno-ockachimachi Subway Station on the Hibiya Line. It was really easy to find.
Just another day in Weenie's World!




No comments: