Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Marathon Training Update



My training is going well considering I'm still suffering from a cold/allergies/giant loogies. I ran 7 miles 2 Saturdays ago and 8 miles last Saturday. And, I will run 8 miles again this Saturday. My long runs are going great. I run and chat the whole time. I never feel sore or fatigued. I'm usually a little slow the first 3 miles and then pick up the pace. But, my shorter 5 mile runs are becoming a problem, because Husband is now working 12 hour shifts. He's been leaving the house at 5:30 AM for work. And, then I can't run in the morning with my buddies. But, this morning he went in at 6:15 AM, and I was able to get in a good 5 miles at 5 AM.
I took these pictures 2 weeks ago on our long run. There's nothing worse than a loud mouthed, Texan running through the streets of Tokyo, Japan at 6 AM on a Saturday morning. People stare at us like we are from another planet. It's fabulous!
Just another day in Weenie's World!

No comments: