Monday, November 17, 2008

Jeeze!

So, I went to the hospital to help my friend with her new baby. Her new baby had a doctor's appointment, and I watched her 2 year old son while she visited with the doctor. After the doctor's visit, we had to go to the lab for some lab work. I accompanied her and sat in the waiting room. As I was sitting and waiting, I saw one of Husband's co-workers walking around. He came over and sat next to me and my friend's son. This was our conversation:

"Hey, how's it going?" Husband's co-worker asked.

"Good, how about you?" I asked in return.

"I'm fine, thanks. What ya in for?" he asked.

In my mind, I thought boy, you nosey bastard why in the hell should I tell you why I'm at the lab getting lab work. Even though I wasn't there for tests, I found his question a bit rude and obtrusive. So, naturally I replied, "I'm getting tested for gonorrhea and syphilis."

His face squished up and then tightened in disgust. "Oh!" he replied with eyes bulging. Then he walked away. Serves him right for asking such a personal question!

So, now I'm sure there are rumors at Husband's work place that I might have some type of venereal disease.

Oh well! Just another day in Ebeneezer Weenie's World!

No comments: