Monday, June 23, 2008

What's in a name?

Okay. For those of you who know me, you know that I am horrible with names! I forget names quicker than Angelina Jolie adopts or births a kid! I am really bad about remembering adult names. I'll remember kid names, pet names, neighborhood names, even last names, but not first names. There must a loose connection in my brain.

So, Saturday night my bosses son, K, came to my apartment as the interpreter for the cooking class. K is a friendly, 30 something year old who speaks pretty good English. So, Husband and I were chatting with K about how bad I am remembering first names, especially Japanese names. I told him that I just learned his mother's name last month, Ono-san. So, basically I was working for her for 6 months before I learned her name. Pathetic, huh!? So, I told K that I've been calling her Ono-san and he laughed. I asked why he was laughing, and he said that I still don't know her name. Her first name isn't Ono-san. I've been calling her by her family or last name. DOH! It is okay to call her that, but I still didn't know her fist name. So, after working there for 7 months, I still don't know my employer's name. I'm such a dumb ass! Husband thought this was so freakin' funny. He laughed for 5 minutes. I was really embarrassed!

Just another day in Weenie's World!

***This is not their real last name. Remember, only aliases are used in this blog. I would hate for a stalker to Google their last name and find out where I work.

No comments: