Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The long and winding road....



Oh my GOD!! I just got home. I just spent the last 2 hours lost on the roads of Tokyo, Japan. I drove to work in Ome, and I missed my turn on the way home. There was some construction on the road where I typically turn, and I wasn't paying attention. (They were playing that cool song by Gwen Stafani and Moby on the radio. I was jamming out in my car.) Needless to say, I missed my fucking turn and ended up spending 2 hours in my car driving around in circles...... LOST! (My trip to work usually takes 15 minutes...today it took 2 FUCKING hours!!!) I was so lost I almost started to cry. I was in my new/used Honda Civic with a full tank of gas (thank God) and NO maps. I got turned around and couldn't figure out where the hell I was. The streets in Japan are really fucking confusing. Most people have a GPS in their car because the streets twist and turn. I once heard that the streets are confusing for a reason. Supposedly, if Japan was ever attacked by foreigners, the foreigners would get lost and not be able to find their way. WHATEVER!! Out of desperation, I had to call Husband at work to help me. Thankfully, my cell phone was charged. Luckily, I have a pretty good sense of direction, and I was able to figure out where I was. Countless times I came across a familiar train station. I thought about abandoning my car and taking the train home, but I was afraid my car would be towed or I would simply forget where I had left it or I wouldn't remember how to get there, again. I felt helpless sitting in my car driving around in an unfamiliar place. This was my first experience getting lost in Japan and it sucked big giant dog turds! I wanted to pull over and ask someone for help, but considering I don't speak the effing language, I didn't think it would help. So, I called Husband who was able to find some maps on the computer at work and help me find my way. It was so awful to be so freaking lost. Now, I'm going to get as many freaking maps as I can find and stick them in my car. DAMN IT!
Just another day in Weenie's World!

No comments: