Monday, June 23, 2008

Beautiful Gift



This the beautiful gift I got this weekend from Jude. I went to work on Saturday and returned home to find this broach on the kitchen counter with a note attached. It said: To Mommy From Jude. Husband and Jude weren't home when I got home. They were swimming at the local indoor pool. It was the sweetest gift I've received from my son so far. Husband said that he and Jude went to the store to get a watch battery while I was work, and Jude saw the broach and wanted to buy it for ME. Can you believe that?! My wonderful 3 year old son wanted to buy his mommy a pretty shiny gift. How awesome is that?! Sometimes as a a mom I feel unappreciated, but receiving such a precious gift from my baby makes it all worth it. To know that my son was thinking of me while shopping with his dad, is priceless. I will cherish the gift and the note until the day I die. In fact, I wore the broach all weekend long. It looked a bit silly attached to my t-shirt, but I didn't care. I wanted to display my cherished gift so that the world could see what a wonderful thoughtful child I have. Jude is such a blessing, not just to me but to the world!

No comments: