Thursday, December 4, 2008

What are you thankful for?

As the year is coming to an end, I feel like I have so much to be thankful for. I've always been the type of person to see things in a positive way, and for that I'm grateful. For me, the glass is always half full, and I never sweat the small things--life's too short for that! I guess being positive in itself is a wonderful thing. This sounds cheesy and lame-o but...I know some how, some way things will work out for the best. They always have and they always will. I guess the Lord watches over me and protects me-- for that, I'm grateful. I know I sound like a holly-roller or a televangelist trying to get you to call in and give me money, so I can pray for your lost soul. But, I truly believe the Lord takes care of me. I'm thankful for that. I know it's probably hard work to protect me, especially from myself. So, I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful that I have a loving, forgiving Lord who watches over me and protects me.



I'm also incredibly thankful for the small things that I think others take for granted. For example, when I pray at night, I thank the Lord for the food in belly, the air in my lungs, the roof over my head, and the warm, cozy bed in which I sleep. They may seem like small things, but to me they matter the most. Without the nourishment of food, or the roof over my head, or the warmth of my blankets, I could not be who I am. And, I never, ever take for granted the ability to breathe. I know that in an instant, that could stop. After all, I have asthma, and every breathe of fresh air truly is a gift.


So, what are you thankful for this year??


When you believe that even the small things are blessings, you live a much more fulfilled, enjoyable existence. And, you never take things for granted.


I think that's why I'm so happy and fun to be around. I'm always incredibly thankful for every moment of every day. I'm thankful for my Husband, my beautiful, goofy son, my family, and my friends. I'm thankful for even the silliest of things...like sour cream and Triscuits.


When Husband and I got married, we screwed the system and went to the Justice of the Peace. After that, we headed down to our local Luby's Cafeteria and ate lunch. We got married in blue jeans and Birkenstock sandals. We were just so happy to be husband and wife that the rest of the crap didn't matter. I'm thankful for that.


I'm thankful that I'm healthy enough to train and run the Tokyo Marathon. Being healthy is so important to me. I believe our bodies are gifts from the Lord. He created us, and it's our job to take care of our gift. So, it is our responsibility to nourish our body, exercise, and protect it.


I also believe that God created man in his own image. Therefore, every person I see is a gift. Even though I might make fun of someone for having a weird haircut or wearing something slutty, I believe that each person on the planet is gift. Because I believe this, it makes it hard for me to hate. I'm thankful for that.


So, now that you know what I'm thankful for...tell me what you're thankful for this year. After all, we all have so much to be thankful for!

No comments: