Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I smell like a Mexican!

This is for you BJ...Taco, Taco...Burrito, Burrito! (Do you remember the South Park episode where Jennifer Lopez sings Taco Flavored Kisses??? I do, and I was singing that song as I was preparing my recipes. I was making myself laugh out loud. Here is a link to the song: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=713207)
Anywho, sorry folks for that! As you know, I'm easily distracted. If I see something shiny, I'm often drawn to it!
So, I'm having 11 of my Japanese students over tomorrow for a Mexican style lunch. I'm preparing beef tacos, frijoles a la charra (bean soup), arroz con pollo (rice with chicken), and cookies. I've already started making the beans, that's why I smell like a Mexican. I'm cooking them in my crock pot (courtesy of A Year of Crockpotting-- by the way, this is the best damn blog I've found in a long time...she has great ideas for great food...you should check it out!).
So, I bought all my ingredients for tomorrow, and I've cleaned the whole fucking house, I mean apartment...what the hell, you know I live in an apartment, right?! Sorry, again I'm easily distracted. I'm really looking forward to everyone coming over tomorrow. It should be a blast. I'll make sure to take lots of pictures just for you!
So, that's why I smell like a Mexican.
Husband came home for "lunch" today, if you know what I mean. I think the smell of beans and garlic turned him on. Ooh, that sounds nasty doesn't it?! Or, maybe because I smell like food, he was turned on. WHATEVER!
Ahem.
Moving on. So, tomorrow my apartment will reek of Mexican food and old Japanese people. It should be awesome!
Have I mentioned before that I love Japan?! If not, let me say it again...I love this country!

No comments: