Monday, December 15, 2008

I love running!


So, yesterday I ran 11 miles. It was the longest run I have attempted since moving to Japan over a year ago. I am proud to say that I ran the entire time! I did not walk one step! We finished in 1 hour and 57 minutes. It was a fabulous run. Long-legged-Lady and I chatted the whole time. The weather was cool and breezy. It had rained all morning long and stopped at 1 PM. Luckily, we didn't run until 2 PM. It was like the Lord stopped the rain just so we could go out and run 11 miles.


Before the run, I had bad mojo about the run, because Husband had attempted and completed 14 miles earlier in the morning, in the pouring rain. He came back home looking like death. Usually, Husband runs great, like a gazelle. He usually comes back home energized and happy about his run, but not yesterday. Yesterday, he looked whipped, tired, pissed off and like he needed an IV of fluids. After a few hours, he came back to life. So, I was really worried about my run. I was worried that I would get cold or too tired to complete the distance, but, luckily, none of that happened. Instead, I ran well...no, I ran great! Now, I know, without a doubt, that Tokyo Marathon is within my reach. I look forward to race day with a new sense of anticipation and certainty. I now know I can complete 26.2 miles on March 22, 2009!


Thank God for the brilliant, clear, brisk afternoon.


Our average pace was about 10 minutes and 37 seconds per mile, which isn't bad for a training run for a midget Mexican momma with asthma! Praise Jesus!


Just another day in Weenie's World!

No comments: