Friday, July 24, 2009

On being loved and in love

This picture was taken last November in Shibuya at midnight.
So, I've been in love with the same man for 8 years. Yes, 8 years! And, he's been in love with me for 8 years. (Well, that's what he tells me, and I believe him.) It seems like a long time, but, at the same time, it doesn't. I'm so blessed to have found the man I'm going to spend forever with. I wish every woman could be so lucky!

Our story isn't like other couples' stories. But it's a good one, and it's ours. You can read about it here: How Harry Met Sally.

Granted, being with someone for 8 years can get a little a mundane. I won't lie about that. But we try to keep it (our relationship) new and interesting. We don't have a date night or any of that. But we travel together. Experiencing new and wonderful things together makes us happy and keeps the newness alive.

When Husband goes on business trips, though, it makes me realize just how blessed I am to have him in my life. I miss him when he's gone. I miss his smell. I miss his laugh. I miss the smell of fried Spam in the morning (Husband loves to fry Spam for breakfast). I miss the way he grinds his teeth when he sleeps. I miss sharing our lunch time together. I miss making out with him. Yes, we still make out! I miss the way he rubs my stinky feet after a long run. I miss the way he leaves a trail of paper towels all through our apartment (I'll tell you about that later!). Missing him makes me appreciate him even more. So, even though I hate business trips, they are a good way to make me truly appreciate all I have with Husband.
I must say that the best part of being married is having the partnership. We are definitely on the same team. And our team kicks ass!

Most women spend their entire adult lives searching for what I have- a partner in crime, a loving man who worships me (that is, when he's not making fun of me), my baby-daddy, a responsible, shy man who's incredibly smart and, thankfully, very laid back.
Husband isn't perfect, but I'm glad he's not. Perfect would be boring.

No comments: