Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Don't ever complain about the price again!

Last week I went to an international grocery store. The store was filled with American products. I thought I would show you just how expensive it is to buy American products in Japan. Enjoy!
One box of Tuna Helper will cost you about $5.50 (with the current Yen rate being 92 Yen per dollar).
All purpose flour will cost you about 12 bucks! (This is why no one in Japan has an oven. It's just too damn expensive to buy flour and bake something!)
Almost $43 for 12 rolls of Bounty paper towels!
Shocking, isn't it?! This is why Tokyo, Japan, was just rated the most expensive city in the world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much are Japanese goods ?

Big D

Weenie said...

Much cheaper of course, but they are still quite expensive. I shop on 'Sale' days at my favorite Japanese grocery stores or I go to Costco. Costco rocks!