Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wow!

As you know, I can be quite cynical. It sometimes seems the world is filled with stupid, talentless, rude people. But today something caught my eye. I read a story on Yahoo about a woman named Susan Boyle. She appeared on the TV show "Britain's Got Talent."

According to countless articles on the web, Susan Boyle is an unemployed, single woman, who has never been kissed, and who lives alone with her cat. She seems quirky, average and someone you would pass on the street without looking at twice. However, she has been blessed with an amazing gift. She can sing! She has more talent in her pinkie toe than Britney Spears does in her entire body! Ms. Boyle has true, unbridled talent. Hearing her sing, via the web, made me happy. It made me happy to see someone who deserves more in life actually getting more. The TV show has given her an opportunity of a lifetime, an opportunity she deserves. She proves that it is possible to live your dreams. Bravo, Ms. Boyle! Bravo!

Here's a link to the article and video of her performance:
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92464

3 comments:

Hairpin said...

You know that we'd pick her apart. Never been kissed? Surely she's got a lot to do with that. Maybe all of us could sing better if we were never kissed. So the question is: "would you rather be kissed or be able to sing?" I'll take kissing everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Thank goodness I'm not cynical, eh?

Weenie said...

Hmmmm, why should we have to pick between kissing and singing??? I think Ms. Boyle teaches us that we shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Maybe if people didn't judge her on her looks, she would have been kissed long ago. I'm sure someone will kiss her now! With an angelic voice like that, hell, I'd kiss her! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I just listened to her, and it brought tears to my eyes.
Yes, that's the voice of an angel !!

Somewhat Smaller D