Thursday, April 16, 2009

Texas

To me, this is the most beautiful image possible. I want this picture to be my reality now! All I want is to get behind the wheel of my car and drive 70 miles per hour on a beautiful road without stopping. All I want is to look out and see cows, red dirt, pine trees, rolling hills covered in Bluebonnets, and street signs I can read.

I need to be immersed in the sights and sounds of Texas. I need to hear the crickets and the cicadas whispering in my ear. I need to see Mocking Birds, Blue Jays and Cardinals flying over head. I need to see Holstein and Jersey cows in the horizon. I need to smell fresh cut grass and honey suckle. I need to see cowboys in tight Wrangler jeans, Justin Ropers, giant belt buckles and straw cowboy hats. I need that image. It's as plain as day in my mind. I can see all of it. But, I'm tired of having to conjure up the image in my head. I want it to be real and tangible. I want to smack that cowboy on his ass, and smell the cows' farts, and taste the honeysuckle, and roll down the hill covered in Bluebonnets, and dodge the Mocking Bird as it attacks me because I walked too close to its nest. I want it to be real. I'm tired of dreaming about it.

(Sigh.)

Oh, only 22 days. Then this will all be real again. I can't wait!

(So, if you live in Texas and see a crazy, midget, Mexican rolling around in the grass, or smelling a cow's ass, or tasting honeysuckle, or slapping a cowboy's ass, don't worry--it's just me, basking in everything Texas.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures coming your way !!

Somewhat Smaller D

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBHrIaRlNwY&feature=PlayList&p=E371F4E212BFC15C&index=0&playnext=1

Hairpin said...

It could be you or it could be the little tex-mex mexican midget that was pulled from Burger King's advertisements