Thursday, April 2, 2009

Empty


Husband is working nights this week. I hate having him gone at night. I don't worry about the local meth-head getting high and trying to break into my apartment- they don't have those here in Japan. (In fact, I never worry about my safety here.) But, I do miss my sweet, loving husband. I miss the way he feels when he sleeps next to me. I miss the way he grinds his teeth and snaps his jaws shut repeatedly through the night. (He has a mouth guard to wear at night to stop the grinding, but he never wears it.)
I have a hard time sleeping alone in an empty, cold, abyss of a bed. So, I've filled the void with a little 4 year old boy. It's not the same, but at least the bed is no longer cold. I'm happy to have a wiggling, snuggling, snoring, farting little boy to fill the void.

No comments: