Thursday, April 9, 2009

I think we have a problem, Paul!


So, I ran 5.5 miles Tuesday and 5 miles again this morning (Thanks T, Long Legged Lady, and Mrs. New Yorker). The runs (not diarrhea runs but the running runs) were fine except for this little sharp pain in my arch that radiates above my ankle. It hurt like hell on Tuesday, so I iced it with a bag of frozen strawberries (we were all out of peas). Wednesday it was sore, but not bad. This morning it was a little sore, but not a problem until after the run. Now my foot hurts to flex it, and I feel pain with each step. Shit, shit, shit! I'm going to be really pissed off if I'm injured! I mean, I made it all the way through marathon training and the marathon with no injures. To be injured on a silly 5 mile run makes no sense. So, what the freak?! I'll ice it tonight and take some Motrin in hopes of reducing the swelling. I hope it gets better. I'm planning on running 10 miles this Saturday.
I think it's my Flexor hallicus longus that hurts. But what do I know? I'm just a midget half ass Mexican with an English degree!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're doing the right thing. Ice, Ibuprofen, and rest are what the doc would tell you.
The injury is CUMMULATIVE, as a result of the hundreds of miles you've run training for the marathon.

Back off a little...rest...enjoy some cross training..swim...

24 pounds lighter D