Thursday, April 16, 2009

Just my luck!

This could only happen to me!


So, earlier this week I was bitching and moaning about it being hot. We don't have AC right now, and we can't control it. The AC comes on in the building when the Climate Control Engineer thinks we deserve it. So, I've been sweating for the last week or so. I finally got fed up with the heat and decided to do something about it. I decided to get a hair cut. I haven't had a haircut since the last time I told you about it. I think that was back in September.


So, I made an appointment to get my hair cut for today. So, I walked into the salon, sat down in the chair and discussed how I wanted my hair cut. Luckily, my Japanese is getting better, and the hair cut lady spoke a little English. So, there she was cutting my hair and doing a very meticulous job at it. What normally takes 15 minutes in America, takes 30 minutes in Japan! She finished cutting my hair and then began to blow dry it. She was almost done when the fire alarm went off. It went off for a minute or two, and she simply ignored it. She said it goes off all the time and to ignore it. She told me not to worry about it. There were no visible signs of fire and you couldn't smell smoke or anything. Then, the manager screamed, "Get out!" I understood and walked my happy ass out through the emergency exit. My hair wasn't completely dry. I stood outside for about 15 minutes, and then I decided to pay her and leave. My hair had dried from the wind. I'm not sure if she was done, but I didn't want to sit around outside waiting for them to put the fire out (if there even was a fire). I mean, I think she was done. After all, she let me pay her. She said my hair was cute and waved good-bye.


My hair looks good to me, but then again, I can't see the back. So, who knows.



This could only happen to me.


I'm just thankful I wasn't getting my hair colored! There were several ladies with their heads wrapped in aluminum foil. I hope they got the color out in time or their hair will be fried!


Just another day in Weenie's World!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just had this mental picture of ladies in tin foil curlers, with heads on fire, running thru the streets of Tokyo, like some B horror movie !!

New and Improved 216.4 pound ( a new low ) D