Thursday, January 8, 2009

Memories...from the corner of my eyes....

****This was written last week sometime when YaYa and PoPo were still here. I just finished it today, though.

So...oh crap, I said I wouldn't say So anymore...damn...I suck! Whatever!



I spent the afternoon going though photo albums with YaYa. For Christmas, YaYa gave me a scrapbook she had prepared at Walgreens.com. She scanned and then downloaded pictures of my grandparents I had never seen before. Some of the photos were over 70 years old. She put them together with a tid-bit of info on each page. Then she had them printed out and bound together to create an astonishing scrapbook. The book contains old pictures of my grandparents on their wedding day, my parents when they were first married, my uncle's wedding, my cousins, Husband, Jude and me. It wasn't elaborate or tacky- it was somewhat plain and simple...just the way I like things. It is a book that I will always cherish.



So, oh shit, I did it again!



YaYa wants to prepare a similar book for Jude. She wants to start with his birth until present. We spent countless hours looking through photo albums trying to find those "first" moments and special occasions. Needless to say, YaYa now has a stack of pictures about 4 inches thick. She'll comb through those and choose the perfect ones for the book.




I'm sure it will take a while for her to complete the book, but I can't wait to see it.

Her time and effort will be appreciated through the years. Now, Jude can see pictures of his Great Grandma and Great Grandpa.

Thanks YaYa for all your hard work!

No comments: