Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Conversation in the car...

This was my conversation with Jude today in the car as we drove to the doctor's for a well baby 4 year old check up.

Jude: Are spiders dangerous?
Me: Yes, some are.
Jude: Which one's?
Me: Remember in Texas when I killed that Brown Recluse spider by the front door?
Jude: Yep.
Me: That spider was dangerous.
Jude: Are there other dangerous spiders?
Me: Yes...do you remember in Texas when I killed the Black Widow spider in our back yard?
Jude: Yep.
Me: That spider was also dangerous.
Jude: Why did you kill one of God's creatures?
Me: To protect you.
Jude: Why?
Me: As your mommy, it's my job to protect you. If it means having to kill one of God's creatures to keep you safe, then I'll do it. That's my job.
Jude: Good answer, mommy!

Just another day in Weenie's World!

No comments: