Sunday, March 20, 2011

On the choices I've made

Yesterday we went to our favorite sushi restaurant.  Thankfully, it was open and we pigged out.  
When I married Husband, over eight years ago, I knew I would be forced to make difficult decisions because of Husband's job.  I knew I would be taken to far off places and away from my family and friends.  I knew this when I said I do some 8 years ago.

And, by marrying Husband, my job, as his wife, is to support him.  I signed up for that job when I said I do. So, I'm ready to support my husband and his mission.  I ready and willing to do whatever it takes to support that mission.  That is my job.

And as long as I feel safe and happy and know that my air, food, and water are safe, I will remain at Husband's side.  That is my job.

I'm not trying to prove anything to anybody with the decisions I've made.  I'm trying to do what is right for my family.  And I stand by my decision to stay.

If the situation changes, and Husband feels we are in danger, or that he cannot remain focused on the mission because he is too worried about our safety, Jude and I will be on the first plane out.  But, until that happens, we will remain together as a family.  Because that's what we are.  We are a family that loves and supports one another during difficult times.  Even when things are difficult, like now, we will do whatever it takes to stay together...as a family.

I know some of you think I'm crazy, and that's fine.  Hell, you probably thought I was crazy before this, anyways.  But please know that I'm making the right decision for MY family.

3 comments:

Flounder said...

I knew you would make the right decision:) I do not think you are crazy...you are part of a wonderful family. Why would you want to be separated unless you absolutely had to?

Anonymous said...

Could not agree with you more. You guys know what you are doing. As I told husband, we fully support your decision. I wouldn't want to be seperated either.

Much love,

~Tiger

Anonymous said...

My mom would have been proud of you. As a career AF wife, she would be there till the end, with us kids.

Med sized D