Sunday, March 13, 2011

NHK

For those of you who want to know what's happening here (real-time), I recommend that you check out NHK's website found here.  You can have up-to-date information about Japan and everything going on over here.  And, I've noticed that most of the stuff on the Internet or on American news is some-what delayed.

Remember, because of daylights savings, we are now 12 hours ahead of you.

Again, we are doing fine and things are getting back to normal here.  Jude's school will be open tomorrow, and I'm scheduled to work tomorrow.  Husband is currently at work and doing what he can to help out.

We are still experiencing aftershocks, but they seem to be less severe and less often.  However, I read a news report that stated we have a 70% chance of experiencing a 7.0 or greater aftershock in the next 3 days.  So, that has me anxious and on alert.

I'm going to try to go to bed soon, but I must do my preparations first.  Each night, since the earthquake happened, I get my bike helmet, flashlights, purse, keys, shoes, and jacket ready.  I put them in my bedroom near the foot of my bed, where I can grab them and go, if necessary.  And, I've been sleeping in my day clothes, just in case I have to run out of my 9 story building during the night.  It's supposed to be about 37 degrees tonight, and I don't want to be freezing and scantily clad if there is a large aftershock, and I have to run out again.

I know I'm crazy, but I want to be prepared, just in case.  I don't want to have to waste one single second looking for these things.  And, I don't want to be without my ID or my medication again.  (I damn near had an asthma attack on Friday when Jude and I ran down the stairs during the big one.  We had to come back in to get my purse and meds.  Then, we hung out at the park because we were scared of aftershocks.)

Besides, having a plan and knowing I've done all I can to prepare, gives me peace of mind.

No comments: