Sunday, June 28, 2009

Anthony Bourdain

I have a very unnatural fascination with this man and his work. To me, Anthony Bourdain is the only real chef-traveler out there in the land of the Foodies.

He has the perfect job. He gets to travel and eat his way through some of the most spectacular places in the world. What a lucky bastard!

In some weird, strange way he reminds me of myself. He lacks that internal filter that most people have. He says exactly what comes to mind. His honesty is fabulous! By the way, honesty is something that is lacking in most travel/food shows.

And, I find his hatred for other commercial cooks, like Rachel Ray and Emeril, very amusing. (By the way, I refuse to call Rachael Ray or Emeril chefs. In my book, they aren't worthy of the title!)

He is the only chef-traveler I believe. He is the only chef-traveler I enjoy.

Thanks Mr. Bourdain for your honesty. It's appreciated!

No comments: