Tuesday, October 25, 2011

On your 7th Birthday

Dearest Jude,

I can't believe you are 7 years old.  Where has the time gone?  It seems like just yesterday we were changing your diapers and teaching you how to use silverware.

I know this past year was difficult for you with the earthquake and relentless aftershocks and evacuating back to the States and being homeless for a month and all that.  It was difficult for your dad and me, too.  And that's okay.

You don't know it yet, but those moments, when things were most stressful and crazy, those were the moments when you shined as bright as a star.  It was during all the craziness when I realized just what a good, strong, kind, mature, charismatic kid you are.  I mean, I've always known you are amazing, but during those stressful times, you came through to the other side tougher and stronger, like a champ-- so willing to go with the flow and take whatever it was that was coming your way.  You made me proud--so very proud.  In fact, you make me proud every day.

I know I tell you this all the time, but its true: of all the children in the world, I was lucky enough to get the best one...you!

Look, I'm not perfect and neither is your father, but we are two imperfect people who came together to create a perfect boy...you!

So, Happy Birthday, Sweet Boy!

Love,
Momma

No comments: