Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tokyo Marathon is just a few days away...

Okay, I'm one day closer to the marathon. Today I don't seem to be as worried about things as I was yesterday. After spending an evening with my running buddies pigging out on Pesto Pasta and Tamales, I'm feeling more relaxed. Thanks guys for the great time last night!



I'm not as worried because fatigue has taken the place of paranoia. Jude was up from midnight to 2 AM complaining of an ear ache and growing pains in his legs. He fussed, moaned, groaned, whimpered, cried, screamed, tossed and turned all night long. I over slept and missed my 2 mile 5 AM run with my running crew. I felt bad for not showing up, but I just couldn't get out of bed. Sleep deprivation is not a good way to prepare for a marathon! I need to rest now and repair my body before I break it down on Sunday. I hope my kiddo will sleep through the night tonight!



So, I keep checking the weather forecast for Sunday like an OCD person checks the front door to make sure it's locked. The forecast for Sunday says it will be cool with a high temperature of 64 degrees Fahrenheit and a low of 50 degrees, which is decent for running. However, it calls for 100% chance of rain. According to the hourly forecast, there's a 60% percent chance of rain at noon and a 100% chance of rain at 3 PM. And, considering the race starts at 10:30 AM, and I won't actually cross the starting line until maybe 11 AM, because there will be so many damn people (30,000 runners to be exact), I probably won't start running until about noon. And, if I run the marathon in an estimated 4 hours and 30 minutes, I will probably get soaked. But, since the temperature is a little warmer than what I'm used to, it might actually work out well. But, with rain comes squishy shoes, blisters, and chafing. I guess it could be worse! So, I plan to wear shorts, a running shirt, my thinnest running socks, my Nike rain resistant running jacket, and my fuel belt. I will also take my Disney pink Princess Poncho, just in case, along with my bright yellow emergency poncho. But, who knows, the forecast could change.

No comments: